Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

First try Auto-Model runs forever...?

thomas_wiedmannthomas_wiedmann Member Posts: 60 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

I try my first auto model after watching Ingos video...

Use a small wether dataset (72 Row) and build auto model. It looks like it runs forever (PC Win 10 - 8 GB RAM, SSD)

After 5 Minutes it's looks like that...

RM_AutoModel.JPG

Please look at my attached dataset...

Thanks!

Thomas

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

@thomas_wiedmann you need to select the model on the left to be able to open the process.

Answers

• thomas_wiedmannthomas_wiedmann Member Posts: 60 Maven

Hi @Thomas_Ott ,

yes, that's true. But the "Result-wait-sign" it running and running. It look like it's not ready.

RM_AutoModel2.JPG

Thanks!

Thomas

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@thomas_wiedmann yeah I dunno what happened there but it worked just fine on mine 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

So GBT models take a long time. Go back a step and de-select the Gradient Boosted Tree (GBT) model. That's what you're waiting for. GBT takes MUCH longer than the others, pretty much every time.

Scott

I'm pretty new to RapidMiner and Data Modelling. But my base data set is 72 Rows (Examples). This takes more than 5 Minutes to build the model? What I see is that modelling result attribute more or less are "binary" ( 'churn' / 'loyal',  'alive yes' / 'no' ) Is that true?

Thanks!

Thomas

At last I have generated a new attribute "sonnig"

if (Sonnenscheindauer > 4, "Y", "N")

and set attribute "sonnig" to "Predict" in Auto Model. After this "Auto Model" will work better and faster...

RapidMinerModell.JPG

Thanks!

Thomas