Options

First try Auto-Model runs forever...?

thomas_wiedmannthomas_wiedmann Member Posts: 60 Guru
edited December 2018 in Help

I try my first auto model after watching Ingos video...

Use a small wether dataset (72 Row) and build auto model. It looks like it runs forever (PC Win 10 - 8 GB RAM, SSD)

After 5 Minutes it's looks like that...

RM_AutoModel.JPG

Please look at my attached dataset...

Thanks!

Thomas

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

@thomas_wiedmann you need to select the model on the left to be able to open the process.

Answers

• Options

Hi @Thomas_Ott ,

yes, that's true. But the "Result-wait-sign" it running and running. It look like it's not ready.

RM_AutoModel2.JPG

Thanks!

Thomas

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@thomas_wiedmann yeah I dunno what happened there but it worked just fine on mine 

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

So GBT models take a long time. Go back a step and de-select the Gradient Boosted Tree (GBT) model. That's what you're waiting for. GBT takes MUCH longer than the others, pretty much every time.

Scott

• Options

I'm pretty new to RapidMiner and Data Modelling. But my base data set is 72 Rows (Examples). This takes more than 5 Minutes to build the model? What I see is that modelling result attribute more or less are "binary" ( 'churn' / 'loyal',  'alive yes' / 'no' ) Is that true?

Thanks!

Thomas

• Options

At last I have generated a new attribute "sonnig"

if (Sonnenscheindauer > 4, "Y", "N")

and set attribute "sonnig" to "Predict" in Auto Model. After this "Auto Model" will work better and faster...

RapidMinerModell.JPG

Thanks!

Thomas