Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

how rapidminer regard categorical variable in logistic regression?

pseoyeon5pseoyeon5 Member Posts: 3 Learner II
edited April 2020 in Help

Hi, 

I ran logistic regression. the dependent variable is 'IDKC WS_10', which has two categories, W and M. I used six independent variables, and one of them is categorical variables: 'IDKC WS_3' (W /M).

1 ) I wonder how the rapidminer calculate confidence with the combination of categorical and continuous variable. I didn't set any reference group (how to do this actually?).

2) I wonder how the rapidminer convert or regard the categorical variable when it shows the logistic equation. How can I write the equation with using the coefficient for the categorical variable? 

Untitled.pngUntitled 2.png

Tagged: