Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Out of Memory....

smackdown33smackdown33 Member Posts: 19 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, newbie to Rapidminer here and suffering from out of memory issues.

I have an .arff file with 1300 rows of 7200 attributes but everytime i try to load the file to start a process im faced with an out of memory issue.

My current setup is,

Rapidminer 64
Windows XP 64
Intel I7 Quad Core
6Gb ram

So I thought it would easily be able to handle this.

If this issue has already been resolved somewhere else, please point me in the right direction otherwise a little bit of help at this stage would go a long way and i would be much appreciative.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi there,

If I load such an arff into RM on XP 64, but with 12 GB, my memory manager ( Process Lasso - top stuff ) shows 30% memory used. That's with nothing else running. If I load RM, but not the arff, that goes down to 12%. So I'm equally puzzled as to why your 6 GB isn't enough.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the problem is not the data but the FeatureSelection he wants to perform. But we have another topic on that, where I already posted an answer...

Greetings,
      Sebastian