Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

tweets retrieval for a month

snehchhabrasnehchhabra Member Posts: 2 Learner II
edited December 2018 in Help

is it possible to retrieve tweets for last few months???

Tagged:

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hi @snehchhabra

Probably not. I haven't used Twitter for a while now but I can tell you that, at least 6 months ago, one could just retrieve their latest 3200 tweets or try to search about certain terms and filter lots of pages to get a specific one. It is rather difficult to retrieve a larger dataset from Twitter without tricking the API and controlling errors such as repeating tweets. I have yet to see people who can read Twitter data in a specific timespan effectively, almost every dev I see stores daily information into a database or a file log rather than obtaining it from the Twitter API.

Hope this helps,