Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Account is blocked e-mail spam

desktopdesktop Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello

I keep getting constant e-mails of about 5 per day saying:

RapidMiner <inquiries@rapidminer.com>

Blocked Access Attempt

We detected suspicious activity and blocked the access to your account.

If it was you click here to unblock your account. Otherwise disregard this email.

Thanks,

– the RapidMiner Team

But I was able to loginto my rapid miner account with any issues

I contacted support about and I was told to post this issue on the community forum

Tagged:

Answers

• JessForbesRMJessForbesRM RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 38 RM Data Scientist

Hello,

According to our system there are some 400 logons from your account over the past 2 days.  

It also not reporting as blocked, if the account has been used on multiple installs of Rapidminer it could explain the repeated log ons.  I would recommend using your account for only your instance.  Can you expand a bit as to how rapidminer is being used by you that would cause so many log ons?  Its possible you've suffered some sort of security breach as well, I would recommend changing your password.  

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @desktop - that's likely because you're in a university environment using the license multiple times. Let's take this privately. Please send me a DM.

Scott