Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

job extentions not loading with ubuntu 18 ?

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi, I was trying to test the server with the new Ubuntu LTS (18.04), but as with the studio version it seems this is a tricky thing to do. Most noticable is that job extensions are not loaded, making it a bit useless now. I triple checked if they are in the job-agent / extensions folder so it should work I guess.

The logs confirm these are recognised (Extensions located at '/usr/share/rapidminer-server/job-agent/extensions') but nothing seems to happen with them. They are basically a duplication of what is running under 16.04 so nothing I haven't tried before.

Did anybody else try this already with success?

Best Answer

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

In the meantime I've installed a fresh version and this time all worked out fine. Seems according to other threads there were issues is 8.x was installed before or not, so I assume mine were related.

Answers

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Hi,

It is possible that the pre-installed JRE is not fully compatible with Server. Studio comes with its own JRE, but it may use the systems if you have JAVA_HOME defined.

I recommend downloading the Oracle JRE and setting JAVA_HOME to it.

Regards,

Sebastian