Cannot open to use rapid miner

sukanyadedkaew1sukanyadedkaew1 Member Posts: 17 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

I installed Rapid Miner Version 9.0 on windows 10 Notebook. However, rapid miner cannot open to use. It shows the messages on the images.1.jpg2.jpg

Answers

• Ashutosh1Ashutosh1 Member Posts: 8 Contributor I
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @sukanyadedkaew1 - can you please send me your rapidminer-studio.log file via private message (it is located in your home -> .RapidMiner folder). Thank you!

Scott

• sukanyadedkaew1sukanyadedkaew1 Member Posts: 17 Maven

Hello Scott ,

Please look the rapidminer-studio.log files in this link. https://we.tl/ISkx6L15zB Thank you.

Took

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hi @sukanyadedkaew1,

You have some .lock files in the folder you sent.

Please, do the following:

• Make sure RapidMiner Studio isn't running at all (I haven't used Windows since when I was at the Uni, but AFAIK Ctrl+Alt+Del allows you to open the Processes window. You should see a RapidMiner process running behind). I would make sure to restart the computer just in case.
    • Make sure you delete the rapidminer.lock and safeMode.lock files from your machine. DON'T DELETE ANYTHING ELSE, sorry for the caps. Just to make sure, I would move these .lck files to somewhere else, as these are just lock files made to properly handle process writing.
    • Start RapidMiner Studio and see what happens.

Basically, if you executed RapidMiner Studio and the last time it was forcefully shutdown, it had no time to delete these files, that might be preventing the proper recovery of RapidMiner.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Dear Rodrigo Fuentealba Cartes:

Do I only delete the rapidminer.lock and safeMode.lock files in my notebook? When I deleted these files, must I inform you?

Thank you.

Took

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hello,

Yeah, if you think it makes you more comfortable, we can chat on hangouts and then inform others so that they can learn what to do if they have the same issue. Write me a private message so that we can check up the details.

All the best,

Hello,

I already deleletd the rapidminer.lock and safeMode.lock files in my notebook. Thank you.

Best regards,

Took

@sukanyadedkaew1, did you run RapidMiner Studio again? Did it work?

All the best,

Hello,

RapidMiner run but it cannot to use. It still starting all the time.

Took

Hello,

Now I loaded and installed Rapid Miner Version 9.0 on Windows 10 Pro again. I saw the message as the attached file. Please recommend me. I cannot open to use it.11-8-2561 20-21-19.jpg

No idea, sorry mate!

Perhaps at this point it is a good idea to backup your ".RapidMiner" folder on your home directory and restart with a fresh one. However, you will need to install the extensions and export your data again.

Someone else might have another solution (cc @lionelderkrikor, perhaps you can come up with a better solution).

All the best,

Rodrigo.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @sukanyadedkaew1 yes I would concur with @rfuentealba. Make a copy of your .RapidMiner and move it somewhere else first, then delete all the contents of the .RapidMiner folder. Then restart RapidMiner.

Scott

there is another possibility in that you downloaded the 64-bit version of RapidMiner but your computer is 32-bit. That would cause a similar result.

Scott

Hello All,

I copied RapidMiner Folder from Drive C. to Drive D. But I cannot delete the whole files from Drive C. Therefore, I removed RapidMinder from Control Panel. And I restart my notebook. Later, I can delete the whole file from Drive C. and Drive D. Then, I download RapidMiner  Studio 9.0 again. My notebook uses Windows 10 (64 bit). I installed RapidMinder on Drive D. but It shows the same message. RapidMinder cannot open to use.

I have some several questions as the below following:

1. As the image, the message is “RapidMiner Studio was interrupted or not complete. And All Extensions are disabled in safe mode ”   Do I need to add extensions for rapidminer in my notebook ?  Please advise me.
    1. Do you or your team can remote at my notebook? I live in Thailand.

Thanks

Best ragards,

Sukanya Dedkaew13 Aug 2018.jpg

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

let me clear a few things up and try to help:

• The message you are seeing is a reaction to a failed Studio start. We store a token when you start Studio and later on delete this token when Studio has started successfully. If on a later Studio start we find such a token, we assume your last Studio start did not work and show this dialog. When the dialog appears, you must chose one of the options to continue!
      • The reason for this dialog is, that most failed Studio starts are caused by a broken extension. Therefore, we offer the option to temporarily start WITHOUT any extensions that might be installed. This way, you can check if it was indeed caused by an extension.
    • QUESTION: What happens when you click "Disable extensions"?
    • QUESTION: When you delete the safeMode.lock file inside your C:\Users\yourname\.RapidMiner folder, what happens on the next Studio start? Because it is physically 100% impossible to see that dialog then.

Regards,

Marco

Hi All,

As your first question : What happens when you click "Disable extensions"?
    The answer : When I clicked at the button "Disable extensions", RapidMiner is starting all the time as the below image.

disable2.jpg

As your second question : When you delete the safeMode.lock file inside your C:\Users\yourname\.RapidMiner folder, what happens on the next Studio start?
    The answer : When I deleted the safeMode.lock file at my C:\Users\Administrator\.RapidMiner,  I doubleclick for opening RapidMiner Program,it still is starting as the below image.

delete_ safeMode.jpg

Thank you for helping.

Sukanya Dedkaew

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

Thank you! Could you then please try to start Studio by double-clicking the "RapidMiner-Studio.bat" file instead of the "RapidMiner-Studio.exe" file? This will open a commandline window which should output some interesting stuff. I would like to see what it says. Please add a screenshot of the things it prints out.

I would also need the "rapidminer-studio.log (exactly that one, not the ones ending with numbers) file contents.

Regards,

Marco

Hi All,

I doubleclicked "RapidMiner-Studio.bat" file at my C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMinern Studio, It show cmd.exe as the below image. If there are confused process, can you remote at my notebook? I am in Thailand.

RapidMiner-Studio.bat.jpg

RapidMiner-Studio.bat2.jpg
    Thank you.

Best regards,

Sukanya Dedkaew

Hi,

Thank you! I do not know why, but there is a file in your .RapidMiner folder which is broken: "lastversion". Please post the content here for me as I'm curious, and then just delete that file and try again. It should now start no problem.

Regards,

Marco

Hi All,

I printscreened the files in .RapidMiner Folder. Moreover, there are not files in the subfolders : buildingblocks, extensions, licecses and shared date but there are file in the internal cache subfolder.

RapidMiner.jpg

Thank you.

Best regards,

Sukanya Dedkaew

Hi,

I meant show me what's inside the "lastversion" file, please.

Also then just delete it and try starting Studio again.

Regards,

Marco

Hi All,

I doubleclick at lastversion file, it show the below image. Now I do not delete this file.

lastversion.png

Best regards,

Sukanya Dedkaew

Hi,

please just delete the file and then start Studio again.

Regards,

Marco

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the help of RapidMiner team. I can open RapidMiner V.9.0. I only deleted lastversion file and doubleclick at program. It can open to use as the below image. Thank you aganin.

RapidMiner.jpg

Best regards,

Sukanya Dedkaew