decision tree query

prateek26394prateek26394 Member Posts: 2 Learner I
edited June 2019 in Help

I am new to rapidminer & I want to learn the usage of decision tree operator. In decision tree is it possible to get our own approach rather than getting a big tree. Example if there are 3 columns in a table X column with records(x1,x2,x3,......xn) ; Y(y1,y2,y3,.....yn) & Z(z1,z2,z3)

In decision tree analysis I am getting all the combinations of x,y,z. But, what if I want to get a specific combination and probability like what is the probability of getting z1 when x1 works with y1 or z2 when x1 works with y3 and so on. and also, how to generate probabilities. I am a learner so please guide me to get the required output.

Thank You. 

Best Answer

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Decision Tree is not going to do what you want here, since there is no way for force it to select every possible existing combination.  If you are interested in computing these types of conditional probabilities, you can do so fairly easily by using the Aggregate operator and grouping by whatever combination of attributes interests you and tabulating the counts.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts