RapidMiner 9.7 is Now Available

Lots of amazing new improvements including true version control! Learn more about what's new here.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Weka Extension Missing PAA and SAX Time Series Filter Package?

richardsona4richardsona4 Member, University Professor Posts: 11  University Professor
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello RM Community,

I am new to RM, but also an average use with Weka.  I have installed the Weka Extension in my RM Studio build; however, when I looked through the available filters, I could not find PAA or SAX.  I was hoping to use RM as a more stable solution over Weka, given it is advertised that the RM Weka Extension contains most Weka functionality. 

Is there a way to add these packages within RM as a self-serve option?

Weka PAA SAX Filters.PNGPAA/SAX Time Series Filter

Thanks,

Anthony 

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer 12Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,926  Community Manager

hi again @richardsona4 -

That's a perfect item for the ideas section. We maintain the Weka extension as best as we can but it is always a moving target. Last update was Nov 2016. :(

That said, you are VERY welcome to contribute to the extension as it's under a AGPL license. @TobiasMalbrecht can provide more info along these lines...

Scott