Build up a process to get capacity data

ehcorehcor Member Posts: 7 Learner I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello Community,

I don't know RapidMiner very well and have some questions and challenges. It would be great if someone could help me with that topic:

Please find attached the CSV file with example values. The file I'm working with is about 1.000.000 examples and 22 attributes.
I generate an attribute which counts the days between start and finish. There are various things I would like to solve:
- How can I find out how much is produced in which period on which manufacturing line?
- Can I display the capacity utilization of the production line? 
- For example, production line 1 can only produce 500 units per day. How can I determine when a production line is overloaded?

Best Answers

Answers

• ehcorehcor Member Posts: 7 Learner I
    Thank you very much for your answer!

I converted the Ord_Quantity into a real and summed it up, that was no problem. Thanks!
    I would now like include the schedule start and schedule finish attributes. Is it possible to obtain a time-differentiated statement? 
    For example: Between 1.1.2018-30.06.2018, x products were produced on the production line 1.
  • lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi again @ehcor,

By adding the attributes Scheduled_finish and Scheduled_start in the group by attributes parameter, it helps ?

Regards,

Lionel
    That's already going in the right direction.

Is it now possible to name a period of your choice and view the capacity utilization there?

With the current evaluation I get a list with over 200000 entries, because there are very many different date specifications. I want to know the sum of the quantity for a certain product in a certain period.
    For example
    between 01.01.2018 and 30.03.2018 with the quantity as sum on productionline 1.
    between 30.03.2018 and 01.06.2018 with the quantity as sum on productionline 2.
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You can also use Date to Numerical operator to extract some higher levels of aggregation from your date data, and then use that in your Aggregate process.  For example, you could extract the year, quarter, and month, all as numbers, and then aggregate at each of those levels as desired.  
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
    @lionelderkrikor
    Thank you so much! Thats awesome! I can't thank you enough!!!
    It takes about 15 minutes to go through the file (normal laptop, not highend). I've to run that process on my own maschine. I think that will be much faster.
    It's exactly what I was looking for. Just one questions to extend that process: The result is now from one Mfg_Line. Would it be possible to get for example two or three mfg_lines results at once?
    The same time period, but in result different Mfg_lines enumerated with the respective sum?
    E.g.:
    Prod1 --> Sum X --> Start date end date
    Prod 2 --> Sum Y --> Same Start and end date
    Prod 3 --> Sum Z --> Same Start and end date
    Thank you very much!