Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

POST Request with raw body JSON

mugicagonzalez_mugicagonzalez_ Member Posts: 14 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help
A package in the marketplace called "RestAPI" supports a simple "POST Request" processor with a parameter "Body Category" (x-www-formurlencoded or raw) and raw data (JSON, XML, HTML, ...)

Does the Web Mining package has a similar process? The Get Page process doesn't seem to have these "Raw body" parameters

Best Answer

• mugicagonzalez_mugicagonzalez_ Member Posts: 14 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted
    Thanks @sgenzer

I made it work by using the "Enrich Data via Webservice" indeed. 
    If you want to send a JSON body type you have to add to request properties Content-Type (as property) and application/json (as value).

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @mugicagonzalez_ - so that "RestAPI" extension is produced by Aptus Data Labs, not RapidMiner. I am cc'ing @SamirSahooAptus to see if he has someone who can answer your query about this.

If you just want to do a POST request with a body, I would use the "Enrich Data via Webservice" operator in the Web Mining package, or if you're feeling adventurous, the amazing new Web Automation extension by Old World Computing.

I have many, many examples here on the community showing how to do REST API calls using RapidMiner. 

cc @land

Scott