Options

How to use C4.5 in RapidMiner??

mohammad7941mohammad7941 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello my frieands. I have database of some sick people blood test and i want to know which factor is most effective. i think i should use C4.5 algorithm.
and idk how to use it in RapidMiner.
can you help me??

Answers

• Options
    JessForbesRMJessForbesRM RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 38 RM Data Scientist
    Hello,

Correct me if I'm wrong - C4.5 is a decision tree algorithm.

While we don't have any operator that specializes in it I have found that there is an iteration of this called J48, its an open source option that can be found in WEKA.  Our WEKA extension does have an operator for this called W-J48.

From the operator description - 
    Class for generating a pruned or unpruned C4.5 decision tree. For more information, see Ross Quinlan (1993). C4.5: Programs for Machine Learning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Mateo, CA.

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @JessForbesRM is 100% correct on this. FWIW the decision tree algorithm that is native to RapidMiner is not C4.5 but is a close variant of it.

This operator learns decision trees from both nominal and numerical data. Decision trees are powerful classification methods which often can also easily be understood. This decision tree learner works similar to Quinlan's C4.5 or CART.

You can see the code here.

Scott