Options

Market Basket Analysis. I have one product in each row with their ticket number.

User82402User82402 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
Hello! I hope you can help me please!!
I tried several ways and I cant figure out how to do the market basket analysis.

I have a database of 30,000 examples.
My database looks like this:

Ticket #          Product#
    1                    3456
    2                    3457
    2                    3458
    2                    3456
    3                    3457
    3                    3458

Please note that in each row I have a ticket number and for example in the ticket number 2 (in bold in the table) That was one transaction where the customer buyed 3 different products.
How may I transform this huge table to a binomial table to do the market basket analysis. I have near 6600 different products and 15000 transactions.
I tried to concatenate the products in one column and use fp-grow with the option of "item list in a column" but it does not works because I think that its comparing the frecuency of the exactly same combination of products in the same order.

Any help please! Thank you!!!
I will try to respond quickly!

Answers

• Options
    MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    @user82402 have you tried opening the template for market basket analysis? You can use that one and you may connect it with you DataSet you will need a Data Set in the form of Invoice, product, orders and sales value. With that RM will do the rest for you.