Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

RapidMiner Set-Up

freyfrey Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited January 2019 in Help
Hi,

first of all, I am very new to Linux and RapidMiner - so sorry right away.
I try to start RapidMiner and loaded the version of the website.

frey@linux:~$ java --version
java 10.0.2 2018-07-17
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)

frey@linux:~$ echo $PATH
jdk-install-dir/bin:/home/frey/.local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-10-oracle/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-10-oracle/db/bin

frey@linux:~$ $JAVA_HOME
bash: /usr/lib/jvm/java-10-oracle: Is a directory

frey@linux:~/RapidMiner$ ./RapidMiner-Studio.sh
RAPIDMINER_HOME is not set. Trying the directory '/home/frey/RapidMiner'...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    at com.rapidminer.license.verification.JarVerifier.verify(JarVerifier.java:130)
    at com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher.main(GUILauncher.java:286)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:190)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:499)
    ... 2 more

Maybe someone can help me?
I don't understand the PATH variable, is it right?

Regards

Tagged:

Answers

• jay123jay123 Member Posts: 2 Learner II
    edited January 2019
    Your PATH variable shouldn't have jdk-install in it. Usually when you `echo $PATH` it should produce something as follows:
    -bash: /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/user1/.local/bin:/home/user1/bin<br>
    So my guess is that you haven't set your PATH properly. It has nothing to do with Rapidminer, that is a linux question. The RAPIDMINER_HOME is also not set, which means it wasn't properly installed. You need to fix the PATH (which would include the the path to java bin) and then re-install Rapidminer.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    also please note that RapidMiner does not support Java 10. You must have Java 8 to run it.

https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/installation/system-requirements.html

Scott

• Robi_MeRobi_Me Member Posts: 32 Maven
    This one had me baffled until I actually read the install instructions and saw that Java 8 was supported.