Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Google Cloud Translate via Web Enrichment Transform

paul_balaspaul_balas Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
Hi, 

I am attempting to translate spanish and indonesian languages to english via google translate api.  I am using the example posted on this board to by using the following url:

*** I split this apart as Raidminer thinks I'm posting a nefarious link... ****

translation . googleapis . com / language / translate / v2 / detect?key=mykey

I have a 'Read Database' query that get's the data I need.  I named the field with the text to be translated as 'ActionDesc'.
I have set the following on the 'Enrich Data by Webservice' control:
 query type  = JasonPath
 attribute type = nominal
  jsonpath queries with attribute name = ActionDescTrans and query expression as $..translatedText
  request method = POST
  service method = foo
  body = 
            {
             'q': '<%ActionDesc%>',
             'target': 'en',
             'format': 'text'
              }
   request properties = property = ActionDesc  value = ActionDesc

The process runs and returns my 10 rows I expect, but the ActionDescTrans field just has '?"

Any suggestions would be helpful.

TIA,

Paul

Best Answer

Answers

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Could you share your process, but ensure to comment out your key? 
    That would make it easier to troubleshoot