Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Set MongoDB Instance with a macro, is it possible?"

christian_plochchristian_ploch Member Posts: 3 Learner II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello everyone,

long time lurker, first time poster.
I make it fast:

I've got a process, which reads with help of the NoSQL Connectors Plugin from my MongoDB. 
So far I was able to set a macro, which says what Collection should be read.

Is it also possible to set a macro, which sets the MongoDB "Instance" (e.g. mongodb://localhost:27017/{%db_name})?

I tried several methods, but it's not working here. Anyone an idea? Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• christian_plochchristian_ploch Member Posts: 3 Learner II
    Yeah, I suspected that, it is not possible, hoped i overlooked something.
    But I will give a try with your solutions @kayman

appreciate it! Thanks!
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist
    @christian_ploch
    i think it's technically possible. you can hack the xml and just add %{macroName} at the right setting. Not a nice work around though.

+ We are working on it and the problem will be fixed "soon".

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • christian_plochchristian_ploch Member Posts: 3 Learner II
    @mschmitz Yeah, already tried it with the process itself and also with the configurable-mongodb_instance.xml.
    If I play with the latter it throws me "Invalid JSON/BSON Object" (when I add the macro in the xml into the connection string). While the process gives me the "collection is not available".

Thanks anyway :)