Options

not complete the installation

flliu315flliu315 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
edited March 2019 in Help
Hi, 
When I install rapidminer server the last step, the linux terminate appears a message : INFO: ~/rapidminer-server/rapidminer-server-home/configuration does not exist. Skipped backup of old configuration folder.
When I run rapidminer server, there is a message: 21:05:24,089 SEVERE [PlatformUtilities] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 74) Failed to locate 'rapidminer.home'! Build directory does not exists or isn't a directory.

my question is how to fix the problem. Thank you very much.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hi @flliu315,

How are you installing RapidMiner? Do you have a generated XML for installation, or are you using the GUI installation?

In the case of the latter, I have no clue. I would just try to mkdir -p $HOME/rapidminer-server/rapidminer-server-home/configuration, but in the case of the former, I would check if the generated XML was from a previous RapidMiner installation. I can't remember right now but I think the $RAPIDMINER_HOME appeared in 9.1-9.2, so it's logical if you created an XML for a previous install and it doesn't replicate.

Just guessing.

All the best,

Rodrigo.

• Options
    flliu315flliu315 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Dear Rodrigo,
    I use the GUI installation. This answer can not fix the problem now
  • Options
    AtekkaAtekka Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi!

May I ask during the install which option did you choose? Headless install or fresh install?Even if you don't remember it  based on your error message server was looking for a previous installation but couldn't find it so you most probably you clicked on not the fresh install option.
    If you didn't had rapidminer-server on your machine previously can you retry install with the fresh option and let us know if you still face the same problem?
    Also please make sure that the installer runs in an user name who has rights to write the specified directory and there no special characters in the directory names because that can lead to confusion.

Br.,
    Attila
  • Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello,

Mr. @flliu315 bought me a few cups of coffee and I agreed to check what was wrong with his machine. Given the timezone difference, I wonder if he woke up and saw RapidMiner Server running yet.

There were no issues installing, and the "problem" with not finding the RapidMiner home directory is because there wasn't one at the moment of installation. I just ignored the message and the installation was flawless.

Thanks for the coffee, @flliu315!

All the best,

Rodrigo.