Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

How to replace a certain column value by MISSING_NOMINAL ?

alainalain Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
I have an Excel file that contains the word NULL in certain cells to indicate a missing value.
I want to replace that word by MISSING_NOMINAL, so RapidMiner can interprete it correctly as a missing value.

What operator can do this?

Best Answer

• kypexinkypexin RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @alain

I want to replace that word by MISSING_NOMINAL, so RapidMiner can interprete it correctly as a missing value
    The solutions offered here are replacing one string with another, but is that what you really need? 
    There's also an operator called DECLARE MISSING VALUE which will actually replace specified values with real missing values (will be displayed as ?) and they will be interpreted as such by RapidMiner. 

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited February 2019
    Hi @alain

If you are looking to replace the word NULL. You can use the Replace operator. Select the attribute filter type "single" and then select the relevant attribute (Column). If this NULL is present in all columns then you can select "all" in attribute filter type.   After that, you can specify NULL in "replace what" and the value you want MISSING_NOMINAL in "replace by". 

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    alternativly you can use Generate Attributes and use an equation like this:
    if(Wind==false,MISSING_NOMINAL,Wind)
    BR,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany