Options

"how to develop a new algorithm in RapidMiner?"

ObaeissaObaeissa Member Posts: 2 Learner I
edited May 2019 in Help
I have an idea of a new algorithm I want to develop it and tested in RapidMiner. Should I use the extension template provided by RapidMiner or there is another way?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    ObaeissaObaeissa Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Thank you for the advice, Actually, I'm a Ph.D. CS candidate in my research I have developed a new algorithm that has been tested theoretically and mathematically but not yet coded.  So I want to code the algorithm and validate the concept. If anyone can support me to do so or any freelancer that will be great cuz I'm running out of time (very tight timeline for submission). 
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hello @Obaeissa
    if you need help with an implementation of a RapidMiner Extension in Java, we offer that on a regular basis. Please feel free to reach out via PM to discuss, if that is a viable option for you.

Greetings,
     Sebastian
  • Options
    pallavpallav Member Posts: 39 Contributor II
    edited March 2020
    rfuentealba @IngoRM  - Sorry for reopening this discussion, I was just going through community to find my solution i find this post. So my concern is i know python and  i have some model or some basic prepossessing ETL code written in python  now i want to make a operator for that, how to do it i had seen how to make your operator and almost everywhere i got way via Java. How can i make operator if i know python not java. 
  • Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @pallav,

the first step is to create a process and use the Python Scripting extension to solve your problem.

When that process is working and you got the inputs, outputs and parameters right, you can use the Custom Operators extension to transform the process into an operator.

Custom Operators: https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_process_defined_operators
    Tutorial: https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/56872/tutorial-for-creating-custom-operators

After building the custom operator (one or many), you create the custom extension. It will be a normal RapidMiner extension (in your case depending on the Python Scripting extension), and you can put it on Server, give it to other people and even publish it on the Marketplace if it is helpful for others.

Regards,

Balázs
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @pallav you also may want to reach out to @bhupendra_patil as he also is building operators using Python using a slightly different technique.
  • Options
    pallavpallav Member Posts: 39 Contributor II
    @sgenzer - Thanks a lot for refrence. @bhupendra_patil - It will be great if you can guide me through my major concern is how to define the parameters for the model i am making.