Options

Computer lags when Rapidminer is the active window

erfanikerfanik Member Posts: 2 Newbie
edited March 2019 in Help
Hello,

I have installed rapidminer on two machines. One is a Mac and the other one a Windows computer. Rapidminer runs smoothly on the Mac. The windows computer is the fastest computer I have ever built and it strangely lags when I select the rapidminer window (when its the active window). I know for a fact that some software user "hardware acceleration" and that causes some problems. Does Rapidminer also use hardware acceleration? I couldn't find it anywhere in the prefrences. Can you guys help me please?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited March 2019
    Hello @erfanik

Did you saw the RAM and CPU utilization by RM in your task manager?  

@Marco_Boeck can suggest more on this
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    erfanikerfanik Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 2019
    Hi and thank you for your quick reply @varunm1.
    Yes, I can tell you that the CPU spiles up to 80% and then comes down to normal usage. The memory goes from 16% to 34% and stays 24%.

Here is a screenshot of the CPU usage: imgur.com/QXrrazx
  • Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited March 2019
    Thanks @erfanik. I faced this issue previously but my CPU and RAM utilization were very high. During that time I set Memory limitation to 20 GB in System preferences and it worked. But yours seems to be normal. Lets see if @Marco_Boeck or @sgenzer can pitch in to share their view
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi - unfortunately I'm not going to be much help here. I spend my life on my Mac. So perhaps this is a sign that you should just use your Mac for RapidMiner? :smile: