Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Latest Date Value in Attribute

OprickOprick Member Posts: 35 Contributor II
Hi,
I bet this is a very easy one, but... how do I get the latest (Max) date value in a data set?

Regards 

Best Answer

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    You need to take 2 steps in this case (if I understood the question correctly). First generate a macro value on the full set storing the max date value, then you generate your attributes using the stored macro value as reference. So your expression becomes something like this ; if(date<%{my_stored_max_value},"1","0") 

Now, since macros are stored as strings it will probably be easier to convert your date to millisecs and parse the macro, so something like this : if(date_millis([my_date_field])<parse(%{my_stored_max_value})),"1","0")

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,531 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    Either Sort + Filter Example Range
    or
    Aggreage on maximum(date)

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    If it is already stored as a date/time data type, you can also simply check the Statistics view---that will show you the min and max date plus total duration of all date/time attributes in your dataset.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • OprickOprick Member Posts: 35 Contributor II
    Hi,
    Thank you for your prompt replies.
    Sorry I guess that my question was not clearly put. I want to be able to refer to max(date) in generate attributes. Something like: if(date<max(date),"1","0").

tks

• OprickOprick Member Posts: 35 Contributor II
    Hy,
    @kayman thanks. Worked like charm.

Thank you,
    Pedro