Options

Latest Date Value in Attribute

OprickOprick Member Posts: 35 Contributor II
Hi,
I bet this is a very easy one, but... how do I get the latest (Max) date value in a data set?

Regards 

Best Answer

• Options
    kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    You need to take 2 steps in this case (if I understood the question correctly). First generate a macro value on the full set storing the max date value, then you generate your attributes using the stored macro value as reference. So your expression becomes something like this ; if(date<%{my_stored_max_value},"1","0") 

Now, since macros are stored as strings it will probably be easier to convert your date to millisecs and parse the macro, so something like this : if(date_millis([my_date_field])<parse(%{my_stored_max_value})),"1","0")

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    Either Sort + Filter Example Range
    or
    Aggreage on maximum(date)

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    If it is already stored as a date/time data type, you can also simply check the Statistics view---that will show you the min and max date plus total duration of all date/time attributes in your dataset.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for your prompt replies.
    Sorry I guess that my question was not clearly put. I want to be able to refer to max(date) in generate attributes. Something like: if(date<max(date),"1","0").

tks

• Options
    Hy,
    @kayman thanks. Worked like charm.

Thank you,
    Pedro