Options

Writing into multiple sheets in an Excel

varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
edited December 2019 in Help
Hello,

Is it possible to write into multiple sheets in an excel?

I tried using the same excel file name but changed the sheet names in "Write excel" operator for different subprocess. This is not working as it is replacing the old excel file with the new sheet name.

Is there any other way I can write into multiple sheets using excel operator in RM?

Thank you

Regards,
Varun
https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Thanks, @IngoRM I did a workaround with joins into a single sheet. Our research can't afford a paid extension  ;)

I somehow missed these workarounds already available on the community. They are useful.
    Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @varunm1 you may wish to try pinging @land directly to see if Old World Consulting offers any discounts for researchers or others in education.

Scott
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

My team has estimated the effort of implementing this feature recently, so it's quite safe to say it will make its way into the product eventually.
    No timeframe yet, so don't call me out after the next release and complain if it's not there yet, otherwise I will have to stop giving little sneak peeks here ;)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    In general we are open to give discounts to academics. On the other hand, the extension costs not even 30 €. Even a discount of 60% would not really significantly reduce the amount, don't you think :)

Nice to see, that his might eventually becomes a standard feature.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the generous responses. I am pleased with RM and partners contribution to research and education by providing a free version. We try to do our best as well in making RM a more familiar platform in the research community (at least in my areas) by citations and presentations. :smile:
    Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    WASmithWASmith Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Glad to see that RM is considering adding this functionality. We have had to implement some workarounds in Python. I have not done a lot of comparisons (for obvious reasons), but I think Python is able to write excel files much more quickly than RM.

Either way, this seems to be a good candidate for someone to create a building block that wraps a python and/or R short-term fix. I started to look into it today and one challenge will be being able to pass the building block an unknown number of example sets from RM.