Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Automated machine learning in Microsoft Power BI

kypexinkypexin RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
edited June 2019 in Help
Hey-hey, 

A bit of off-topic from usual forum questions, but I thought I still want to discuss it with the community. 

Microsoft has announced Automated Machine Learning (AutoML) for Dataflows in Power BI: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/creating-machine-learning-models-in-power-bi/

Some deja vu, right? :) 

What's your opinion, has anyone tried it so far? How do you look at the future of automated ML in general? Seems like that more and more products and data science platforms are going to introduce this sort of feature in the nearest future. Do you think automated ML hasn't yet uncovered its fully potential and is going to be a prospective technology in a matter of just a few years (yes, I personally do think it's a future... but how close it is?).   

Answers

• kypexinkypexin RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
    Thanks @IngoRM -- great and detailed answer, I think I personally share most, if not all, points you mentioned. Nothing much to add at this moment, let's see how things will be unfolding next couple of years and where would actually be the hype and the trends :)