Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

log transform of dependent variable

mcavaretmcavaret Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I would like to perform a log transform of my dependent variable. I've tried to use the 'generate attributes' node, but I cannot figure out what to put in the 'function expression' portion of the node. I'm using RapidMiner 5.0 beta.

Answers

• keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    You might try wrapping your learner inside a TransformedRegression node,which will automatically apply a log transform (among several options) to the label (dependent variable) before applying the learner.

Alternatively, you can use AttributeConstruction to create a new attribute from an existing attribute "my_attribute" as in:

function descriptions:  my_new_attribute
    function expressions:  my_attribute * my_atttribute