Deployment of RapidMiner on AWS/ Azure Cloud

RG2000RG2000 Member Posts: 4 Learner I
edited June 2019 in Help
I am exploring using either the AWS or Azure Cloud instances. I wanted to confirm on the following 
a) Access to publishing from studio to AWS or Azure Cloud is not available for free studio
b) Are there restrictions on number of models that can be hosted- any linkage between number of models and server size
c) Are these models published on 'hot mode'- or on 'cold mode'- to be brought up when called
d) wanted to understand security capabilities, logs 
Where would documentation for cloud based services be available?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello @RG2000,

This message is for @sgenzer or @leti probably. Asking them for their support here. I can only answer b) and possibly c):

b) server size doesn't have anything to do with the number of models, but it does have to do with the size of your data, probably.
    c) both modes are supported, as far as I know.

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • RG2000RG2000 Member Posts: 4 Learner I
    @leti, @sgenzer

Could you share details around (c) and (d). Any documentation would be great
  • letileti Employee, Member Posts: 22 RM Team Member
    All of our server documentation fro Azure and AWS can be found here https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/server/installation/cloud_images.html and security documentation can be found here https://docs.rapidminer.com/7.6/server/administration/security/
  • RG2000RG2000 Member Posts: 4 Learner I
    Thanks- just to be extremely clear, is the server capacity driven by the number of active APIs being called, and not the number of APIs deployed (i.e. I can host a large number of models on the server, as long as concurrent usage is low)
  • NikouyNikouy Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
    Do you know if it's somehow possible to scale up your processing power/rapidminer fleet based on the number of API calls?
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Nikouy do you mean automatic scaling such as an AWS Auto Scaling kind of thing?
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,497 RM Data Scientist

you would likely use a RM Real Time Scoring Engine in Kubernetes for it.

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • NikouyNikouy Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
    edited November 2019
    @sgenzer
    Yes exactly, such as EC2 autoscaling groups or auto scaling dockers in AWS ECS.
    @mschmitz Do Kubernetes clusters only work with RM real time scoring, for which I need to have previously developed and trained model in Rapidminer studio?
    Do you provide educational licenses for RM real time scoring?
    Are these the images available for RM Server too? https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/server/deploy/kubernetes/ ?
    Thanks