IF YOU โค๏ธ RAPIDMINER, PLEASE HELP US GET TO #1 AGAIN - VOTE IN KDNUGGETS POLL 2019! ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™

How one webservice is deployed?

ArchanaArchana Member Posts: 2 Learner I
Hi
I have recently installed the rapidminer server and have created the webservices for my data. Wanted to know how to deploy the same. I follwed the Rapidminer documentation of creating a deployemnet, but was not able to do the same.
Could anyone help me out for this giving exact details and step by step process for the same.

Thanks & regards
Archana

Answers

• mpinedampineda Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hi there

Rapidminer is very powerful to expose any process to a web service. Once you know how, it's super easy and in no time you will be creating a lot of web services. 

I left you here a link that explains it very good:
    https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/31461/rapidminer-server-create-web-services-from-process

Once you create the web service, you have to copy the link to call it from wherever you want. 

Hope this solve your question, if not feel free to ask me anything.

Have a great day!
    sgenzer
  • ArchanaArchana Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Hey @mpineda

Thank you for your reply, but I have already done this i.e created the webservice, but I wanted to deploy my webservice so that I, can call it from anywhere. Actually I want the url to be called from excel, so that all my new data will go and get loaded there and even I can fetch the result from the same url to the Excel.

Basically I want to feed my data from excel and get the results to excel, is this possible in RM using the webservices?

Thank you
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,595  RM Founder
    I think you may be referring to an anonymous web service, i.e. one which does not require login?  If this is the case, please check the section on the special user "anonymous" in this document here:
    You will also find other hints here in the community if you search for the term.
    Hope that helps,
    Ingo
    sgenzerdbabrauskaite
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 300   Unicorn

To answer the question quickly, yes, it is possible, as long as Excel can process the response of the web service (I didn't know it could do that). You say that you wanted to call the web service "from anywhere", that's either too broad a description or maybe you really need a RM Server with static IP/DNS and open ports. That is going to be quite a headache if you are not familiar with Windows/Linux servers, but it really doesn't depend on RM Server, so you will have to search on your own for a solution.

From RM Server point of view, you either has to set up an anonymous service (not good in the open to anyone setup described above!) or you can also use authentification (creating user accounts in RM Server). Once again, I don't know if Excel supports web service calls with authentification.

Let us know what is your case exactly.

Regards,
    Sebastian