Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

I am having problem in installation of rapidminer studio in ubuntu 18.04

MDebMDeb Member Posts: 2 Learner I
I have less concept about java, but still i have install as per the instruction. but while running the .sh file it is showing error given below screenshot can anyone help me out.

api@api-HP:~/Downloads/rapidminer-studio-9.2.1/rapidminer-studio$ ./RapidMiner-Studio.sh
RAPIDMINER_HOME is not set. Trying the directory '/home/api/Downloads/rapidminer-studio-9.2.1/rapidminer-studio'...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    at com.rapidminer.license.verification.JarVerifier.verify(JarVerifier.java:130)
    at com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher.main(GUILauncher.java:286)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:583)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
    ... 2 more
api@api-HP:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @MDeb ,
    which vesrion of Java are you using? It seems like the one you use is not compatible.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • MDebMDeb Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    jdk 12.0.1
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @MDeb yes that is certainly your problem. RapidMiner must use JDK 8.x
  • David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    Hi,

depending on your other requirements, it might make sense to set up java alternatives to easily switch between different Java versions:

Best,
    David

• RoeRoe Member Posts: 4 Learner III
    Hi. Java 8 is required specifically (not even newer versions). Had the same problem (on Ubuntu).
    Soln:
    1. sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre # to install required jdk.
    2. sudo update-alternatives --config java # to view your jdk versions and choose a comaptible one.
    3. select the version with the java8 (1081) in my case. # Use the number in the first column.
    4. cd to location of RM. # go to location of RM using terminal.
    5. ./RapidMiner-Studio.sh # this will start installation. Be patient.