Latent Dirichlet Allocation - Iterations?

SoniSoni Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi RapidMiner team,
I'm rather new to LDA and am a bit confused to what exactly the iterations parameter refers to since the description says "Number of iterations for optimization". However, as far as I understood it, the operator uses Gibbs sampling where the number of iterations should be set as well. Is it set using the iterations parameter or has the parameter something to do with optimizing the hyperparameters (whereby the input field does not disappear if I uncheck the hyperparameter optimization)?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• MarlaBotMarlaBot Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 57 Community Manager
    Hi @Soni - this is MarlaBot. I found these great videos on our RapidMiner Academy that you may find helpful:
    Instructional Video: Applying a Model to categorize Documents (Viewing time: ~11m)
    Instructional Video: Text Association Rules (Viewing time: ~10m)
    Please LIKE my comment if it helps! 👇

MarlaBot <3
  • RickBRickB Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Hi @mschmitz, I am currently trying to analyze short text documents for a research project, and I was wondering if there is a way to do Gibbs Sampling (GSDMM) with RapidMiner? 
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @RickB,

only inside LDA. Not as a standalone thing, sorry.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • RickBRickB Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Hi @mschmitz

Thank you for the quick response. I tried analyzing the data using LDA, but I did not see an option for Gibbs Sampling. Would you be able to direct me to where I can find that inside the LDA operator? 

Best,

Rich
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Sorry? I don't understand the question. The LDA we use internally is from Mallet. The operator executes similar code to whats shown here:
    What would you expect?

Best,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany