Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Which variables should i use/create for a prediction model?

cdapontecdaponte Member Posts: 29 Maven
Hi, i´m working in a model in order to predict if the debtor is going to pay or not. Would you recommend me any idea or suggestion? For example, creating some attributes or using a specific Model Operator?

Here i leave you my Data set.

Best Answer

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @cdaponte

Did you try rapidminer automodel? It will suggest models and also attributes useful in making predictions. You can also understand which attributes are important in making predictions.

Give it a try.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• cdapontecdaponte Member Posts: 29 Maven
    Thanks! Yes i already try it but, wow it´s very complex  :D
  • varunm1varunm1 Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Do you mean the operator connections in the model are very complex (or) to understand what is happening inside the process is complex?
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• cdapontecdaponte Member Posts: 29 Maven
    It´s difficult for me to understand what is happening inside the process. 
  • M_MartinM_Martin RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 125 Unicorn
    Hi:  After following varunm1's suggestions above, it might also be very helpful to share a summary of your RapidMiner process outputs with people within your organization who have familiarity with the business issues - i.e. people who have been around awhile and have a feel for factors that may play a role in determining whether or not a given loan has a risk of defaulting.  Discussing model outputs with experts also is a way of building trust in the models so that the organization will be more likely to deploy them and integrate predictive model deliverables into other data flows within the organization.  Best wishes, Michael Martin 
  • kypexinkypexin RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
    Hi @cdaponte

Regarding your dataset - as I understand it contains some historical data about Santander bank borrowers, right?
    Which column represents a target variable (the one you are trying to predict, whether the debtor has paid back)? Or maybe it should be derived somehow from other attributes? It's not easy to understand as column names formed from Spanish language not known to me.