Options

How to store data only in RapidMiner Server Repository

gracekimgracekim Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited August 2019 in Help

Hello I am gracekim.

I want to use security sensitive data that contains personal information for analysis.

I only want to save it to the RapidMiner server.

Is there a way to do it?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited August 2019
    Hello @gracekim

Based on my understanding, the data will be stored locally on your disk, mostly C drive in Windows system even if you store data on a server. 

For example, C:\Users\***\rapidminer-server\rapidminer-server-home\data

Are you looking for the process to store data in local server repository? or are you asking about storing in some cloud? Just want to confirm.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options

Hello. @varunm1

First of all, I'm sorry for my lack of explanation.

RapidMiner Server was installed on the server computer and RapidMiner Studio was installed on the personal computer.

I am using the process I have analyzed connected to the server repository. using localhost: port

Is there a separate process for storing data in local server storage?

I'm curious to think that if several people are using data from a database built on a server computer, it should only be stored in the server repository in order to manage security.

What can I do to prevent analysts from storing data on their personal computers?

• Options
    kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
    Hi @gracekim
    What can I do to prevent analysts from storing data on their personal computers?
    Technically, nothing. Once data is used within RapidMiner process, it can be stored either on the remote server or local repository, but you cannot restrict saving the data locally. 
  • Options

kypexin 

Thank you so much for your answer.

Recently, the company asked these questions due to personal information security issues. I'll try to solve it the other way around.