Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

how to connect rapid miner with my inventory system?

harissroselandharissroseland Member Posts: 4 Learner I
hey guys, appreciate it if you could help. i want to add demand forecasting to my inventory software. Im thinking like the demand forecasting is done with rapid miner and i connect it to my preexisting inventory system. i develop my inventory system using php. so is it doable? with rest api or thing like that? sorry kinda new to this field.

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

there are many ways to connect RapidMiner to external data.

I guess you're using a SQL database as the backend of your inventory system. In this case, you can integrate using the built-in database operators (Read Database, Write Database, Update Database, Execute SQL). 

REST APIs can be accessed with RapidMiner processes, the Web Mining extension has some enhanced operators for this.

If you want your program to access RapidMiner processes with REST, you can use RapidMiner Server or Real-time Scoring to expose your processes as web services.

Regards,

Balázs