Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

How to redirect user-home folder?

UF_AT_LearningSpacesUF_AT_LearningSpaces Member, University Professor Posts: 2 University Professor
edited October 2019 in Help
Hello,

Towards the bottom of the guide to install rapidminer studio in a university lab environment there is mention of the ability to specify the property rapidminer.user-home on program startup. I tried to pass it like the guide suggests, but no luck. For example, based on the guide I assumed the following would work:
-Drapidminer.user-home=c:\testing</code><code>"C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio\RapidMiner Studio.exe" 
What I would expect the above to do is change the location of the .RapidMiner folder from the current user's profile, to c:\testing or c:\testing\.RapidMiner. However, .RapidMiner still gets created under the current user profile.

I tried searching, but I don't think I saw any posts/kb on this, so appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. @sgenzer suggested I tag @Marco_Boeck because he's awesome and may know the answer.

Best Answer

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    you never disappoint, @Marco_Boeck :) Thank you.
  • UF_AT_LearningSpacesUF_AT_LearningSpaces Member, University Professor Posts: 2 University Professor
    edited October 2019
    Awesome, I'm going to test this out shortly, but I have a good feeling about it :smile:

On a slightly related note, is there a silent/unattended install switch available? I think /s used to work on older versions, but it doesn't appear to be working for me now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears the switch is case sensitive and must be capitalized, so /S works.