ALL FEATURE REQUESTS HERE ARE MONITORED BY OUR PRODUCT TEAM.

VOTING MATTERS!

IDEAS WITH HIGH NUMBERS OF VOTES (USUALLY ≥ 10) ARE PRIORITIZED IN OUR ROADMAP.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO SUGGEST A NEW FEATURE, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "FEATURE REQUEST". THANK YOU.
Options

Requesting support for CUDA 10+

pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 83 Maven
RM is an amazing software. I would just like to leave a request for support for newer CUDA versions in the future. Right now It really does not make much difference in my particular case but I am sure that as time moves on more and more people are going to find out that they do nt have the right CUDA version on their machine to run with the GPU
1 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

IC-1680

Comments

• Options
    David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research

thanks for your feedback. You are absolutely correct that it isn't very convenient to rely on different CUDA versions. Unfortunately the Deep Learning community is very heterogeneous and different projects and tools have different dependencies.
    We actively switched the required CUDA version from 9.2 to 9.0. as back at the time of the release, some more common tools didn't fully supported 9.2.
    With upcoming releases, we will evaluate the situation again and see which CUDA version has the highest market share and acceptance, as we want to reach as many users as possible.

Best,
    David