The Altair Community and the RapidMiner community is on read-only mode until further notice. Technical support via cases will continue to work as is. For any urgent requests from Students/Faculty members, please submit the form linked here.
Options

Dictionary Approach: Avoid multiple count of words

FeliceFelice Member Posts: 3 Newbie
edited November 2019 in Help
Hi, I have a problem with the Dictionary Approach in Text-Mining. The dictionary contains the words digit and digital acceleration. My process counts the ouccurance of digital acceleration double, so once as digit and once as digit acceleration.
Can you recommend an operator which enables that only the occurence of digital acceleration is counted. So that in the end I have only one ouccurance. 

Tanks for helping! 

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,525 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    what operator did you use to do it? Can you maybe post the XML?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin, thanks for your reply! Attached you can find the xml. 
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,525 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Felice ,
    you can just switch to binary occurances? Then it is only counting if, not how often a word occurs.

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin, 
    thanks for your reply. But I need the quantity of occurences, not only if a word occurs. I just want to avoid that longer word combination like digit accel are counted also as digit. 

Thanks for helping!