Options

Is it possible to create a Duplicate Operator like a Link?

esimoneesimone Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
Hi,
I've got a maybe strange question.
In my processes, sometimes I would like to have something like a "duplicate operator", but not just a copy.
I would like, for example, to create two operators of type Performance: Perfomance_A and Performance_B.
When I edit the params of Performance_A, then also those of Performance_B change (like a clone, but not indipendent), and viceversa. Is it possible?

Best Answer

• Options
    esimoneesimone Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted
    At the end, I found "Clone Paramters" that is what I was looking for. Thank you.

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Kind of.  You could use so-called macros for this.  Use the operator Set Macro (or the process context) to define those „global“ value and then use them in the parameters of the operator clones with this format: %{macro_name}.
    Check out the videos on the RapidMiner Academy to learn more about macros - they are really powerful tools!
    Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    That works too :D
    Still learning about macros is always a good idea since they can be used to solve A LOT of problems ;-)