Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

ID3 algorithm in rapidminer

fatimidveilfatimidveil Member Posts: 45 Contributor II
edited January 2020 in Help
hi everyone , i am performing id3 algorithm on my 15 attributes but when ide tree is generated it consist of only 8 attributes what should i do know ? why this happen . .i am using cross validationĀ 
id3 algorithm didn't select the 7 attribute in tree .
am waiting for your help

Tagged:

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    That is actually quite normal that not all attributes are used.Ā  The whole point of a decision tree is to figure out which are the most helpful features and in which order.Ā  Sometimes not all are needed for a classifier and sometimes adding more may even make the model generalize less well.
    Hope this helps,
    Ingo
  • fatimidveilfatimidveil Member Posts: 45 Contributor II
    okay are can i use those attribute that are discardedĀ  by algrithmĀ  Ā in my final result ?
    because some attribute seem important in my result but discarded by decison treeĀ 

• IngoRMIngoRM Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Sorry, can you please rephrase a bit?Ā  Not sure if I got you here.Ā  What other result are you referring to?
    Cheers,
    Ingo
    My query is: can i use those attritube that are not selected by tree in my final result discussion .
    Becaz some attritube are important for my final result but algorithm discard them .waiting for your help and response

• varunm1varunm1 Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Can i use those attribute that are discardedĀ  by algrithmĀ  Ā in my final result ?
    I don't think it is possible to add attributes into an id3 based decision tree.

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

My query is: can i use those attritube that are not selected by tree in my final result discussion .
    Becaz some attritube are important for my final result but algorithm discard them .waiting for your help and response
    Can i make different id3 algorithm for same data using different attritubes that are important for us ..
  • MillaMilla Member Posts: 2 Learner III
    edited January 2020
    That is quite ordinary that not all characteristics are utilized. The general purpose of a choice tree is to make sense of which are the most supportive highlights and in which request. Here and there not all are required for a classifier and once in a while including more may even make the model sum up less well.
    Burger king survey
    Thankyou guys for your help ..šŸ˜Š