Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

API key Twitter

TokiToki Member Posts: 3 Learner I
edited January 2020 in Help
Hi, anyone can help me please. How can I use the API key and Token for download data with the operator Search Twitter.

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Toki - first go to Connections -> Create Connection

then select Twitter and give it a Connection Name:

then click this button to request a token from Twitter:

you will see this:

Click "Request access token". Your browser should open and you will see this:

Click "Authorize app". You will be presented with a code in massive font:

Type this code into the window back in RapidMiner Studio and click "Complete":

The token will be automatically placed in the appropriate box. Now click the "Test connection" button to ensure everything is ok:

Click "Save". Your new connection will be saved as a file object in your repository:

Now just connect this to any Twitter operator and you will be all set:

Scott

• TokiToki Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Thank you very much for the reply. But that method returns me few Tweets. I would need to use more data to perform a more reliable analysis. I have the API key, the API key secret, and the access token of Dev Twitter but I don't know if I can connect with them through Rapidminer.

If yes, how? Thanks a lot for your time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited January 2020
    @sgenzer

Hello

Perfect answer @sgenzer

B):)o:)

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    Hello @Toki

Yes all APIs have rate limits and Twitter is no exception. You almost certainly exceeded your daily limit. You can find all the rules for the Twitter API rate limits here: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/basics/rate-limits

Scott