Options

adding labels to a polynominal variable

Mori111Mori111 Member, University Professor Posts: 9 University Professor
I have a polynominal variable, Income, with 4 categories: <25, 25-49, 50-75. 75+. I want to add a label to each category. For example, for <25, I want to add (or replace it with) a label " Low Income". What is the simplest way to add labels to a polynominal variable? 

Answers

• Options
    David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research

you can easily rename/replace your categories with other values by using the Replace operator.
    To specify an attribute as label, you can use the Set Role operator and select "label" as target role. Be aware that each example set can only has one attribute marked as "label".

Best,
    David
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @Mori111 yes as @David_A said, 'Replace' will work. So will the 'Map' operator. Or you can do it in Turbo Prep. :smile:
  • Options
    Mori111Mori111 Member, University Professor Posts: 9 University Professor
    Great Thanks. MAP operator works better because at the same time you can replace all values with labels. I haven't tested Turbo Prep yet.