ALL FEATURE REQUESTS HERE ARE MONITORED BY OUR PRODUCT TEAM.

VOTING MATTERS!

IDEAS WITH HIGH NUMBERS OF VOTES (USUALLY ≥ 10) ARE PRIORITIZED IN OUR ROADMAP.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO SUGGEST A NEW FEATURE, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "FEATURE REQUEST". THANK YOU.
Options

Feature Request: Rename output ports of Subprocess/Execute Process and entries in IOObjectCollection

christos_karraschristos_karras Member Posts: 50 Guru
I like using nested sub-processes to simplify the main process, but the fact that all outputs of the sub-process are named "out" can make it hard to follow what data is flowing between each step.

It would be useful to have the ability to rename each output with an arbitrary name, and also to provide a more detailed description of this output. This more detailed description could appear when hovering the mouse on an output port.

This feature should apply to different kinds of subprocesses (Loops, Subprocess (Caching) from the Operator Toolbox extension, etc)

It should also work for external processes invoked using the Execute Process operator.

A related feature request would be to have the ability to rename entries in a IOObjectCollection. For example, here I have a collection with the results of different models, all named "ExampleSet". It would be useful to be able to specify a custom name for each entries as they are being added to a collection. As a workaround, I can add an annotation on each ExampleSet, but it would be more helpful to view the name in the tree to be able to quickly navigate to the one I want to look at.

Tagged:
4 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

PROD-921