Options

Import Data hangs

KompilerKompiler Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
Hi,

I am using RapidMiner Studio 9.6 Educational Edition in Ubuntu 19.04 box. I am trying to Import Data (Load Data) in RapidMiner repository. The CSV file is having 6 attributes and around 1200 examples. The overall file size is 25kb. The process hangs so that I needed to kill the process to terminate RapidMiner. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Raj Kishore 

Best Answer

• Options
    edited March 2020 Solution Accepted
    Hi @sgenzer
    Thanks for your response. It seems that the problem is fixed now. I did the following:

Imported the Corretto public key and then add the repository to the system list by using the following commands

wget -O- https://apt.corretto.aws/corretto.key | sudo apt-key add - 
     sudo add-apt-repository 'deb https://apt.corretto.aws stable main'

Installed Corretto 8 by running command

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install -y java-1.8.0-amazon-corretto-jdk

Ran the following command to verify the installation
    java -version

Set the JAVA_HOME in /etc/environment

Also, I would like share with @BalazsBarany that this problem persists in RapidMiner Studio 9.6. Thanks.

Regards,
    Raj 

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Kompiler can you please share your rapidminer-studio.log file?
  • Options
    Hi @sgenzer please find the rapidminer-studio.log file attached herewith.
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Kompiler ok yes your HTML5 renderer is failing:

SEVERE: HTML5 Browser offscreen engine crashed, restarting!
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Engine OFFSCREEN crashed: (129)
    	at com.rapidminer.extension.browser.BrowserFactory.lambda$init$1(BrowserFactory.java:130)
    	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.event.internal.ObservableHelper.lambda$notifyObservers$0(ObservableHelper.java:63)
    	at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:891)
    	at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.forEach(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:404)
    	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.event.internal.ObservableHelper.notifyObservers(ObservableHelper.java:61)
    	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.engine.internal.EngineImpl.awaitProcessTermination(EngineImpl.java:564)
    	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.engine.internal.EngineImpl.close(EngineImpl.java:529)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

My colleague @BalazsBarany recommends using Amazon Coretto with all Linux/Ubuntu installations. See this thread for a full discussion: https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/56860

Scott
  • Options
    Thanks @sgenzer for resolving the issue.