Options

I can't visualize the result, How could I fix this problem?

asiddiqasiddiq Member Posts: 25 Contributor II
edited March 2020 in Help
Hi there,
Every time I run a model I can't visualize the result. How could I fix this problem (I'm using RapidMiner Studio 9.6 on Windows 10).

Best Answer

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited March 2020 Solution Accepted
    Hello @asiddiq

You can attach the log file (rapidminer-studio) of rapidminer found in .rapidminer folder present in C drive (Users) here to check. In the meantime you can use old charts by going to SETTINGS --> PREFERENCES --> USER INTERFACE Tab and tick both Show legacy simple charts & Show legacy advanced charts.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

Answers

• Options
    Toni352Toni352 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hey!

Here is the log. I am also going to reach out to my professor for assistance as well.

• Options
    Hi varunm1,
    Tanks for replying, it did not work, is there any other solution?
  • Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @asiddiq

The alternate I provided is to get older chart options instead of new visualization that's giving you an error. You can upload your studio log files after opening rapid miner here so that @sgenzer can connect you to relevant person to look at the issue.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    edited March 2020
    Hi,

You attached the wrong log. I'd like to see the rapidminer-studio.log instead of the launcher.log, please.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Toni352Toni352 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Here is the log you have requested. Please let me know if you need anything else!
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    I will defer to @Marco_Boeck if I'm wrong about this, but it seems that your computer's permissions are locked down:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\59007242\.RapidMiner\internal cache\browser7.4-WIN64\7zr.exe": CreateProcess error=1260, This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Scott
  • Options
    Hi sgenzer.
    You may be right because I don't have admin access to university laptop. However, if I got an admission right, how can I solve this problem?
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    edited March 2020
    Hi,

The visualizations internally use a Chromium browser to display the HTML5 charts. On the first run, this browser gets extracted to a cache location via the use of 7-Zip, which is the 7zr.exe that is being blocked here.

You could extract the browser manually, if that helps you. To do so, you'd have to do the following:
    The browser is contained in the "jxbrowser-win64-7.4.jar" file, which you can find in the /lib subfolder of the RapidMiner Studio installation folder. Jar files are simply .zip files with a different name, so you can open them with a Zip extractor. The file inside it is called "chromium-win64.7z", which is a 7-Zip archive format, similar to .zip. This archive needs to be extracted to the following location: "C:/Users/yourUser/.RapidMiner/internal cache/browser7.4".

Once that is done, you should be able to start Studio again, and then it should work :)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Thank you Marco_Boeck,
    I did that but same problem