Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Why i have some buttons blocked in deployments part?

MarcoTravellaMarcoTravella Member Posts: 3 Learner I
Hi everyone, I'm a new user of Rapid Miner. I'm a muster student and i'm using RapidMiner for a data analytic course. Therefore, i have an educational licence. 

I created a auto model and i deployed several models but when i go to the deployments page a lot of buttons are blocked. I don't know how to access to those features. I will attach an image with the problem.  

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    edited April 2020
    Hello Marco,

You haven't deployed your models into a RapidMiner Server yet, therefore you don't have access to all of these features (alerts and integrations).

Basically once you deploy your models you will have some more control by checking how the predictions are going for new data, setting alerts for models that end up being too inaccurate, and others.

The other ones (Performance and Drifts) get activated when you configure monitoring during the deployment, as far as I can tell.

All the best,

Rod.
  • MarcoTravellaMarcoTravella Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Thanks, Rod. Can you please explain to me how can I deploy my models into a RapidMiner Server? Is it allowed in the educational license?
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello Marco,

Yes, you can deploy models to RapidMiner Server with an educational license.

Now, to deploy models to a RapidMiner Server, the first thing you need to do is to have a RapidMiner Server. Do you know if your organization provides one? In that case it's the system administrator the one who should give you a host, port, username and password.

If your organization does not provide one, you can install one in your own computer (I don't know if your license covers that) or deploy one in Azure or Amazon with the instructions provided on each platform. Now, the second option costs money.

Once you get that, you can create a new remote Repository, give RapidMiner Studio all your information about the server, and it's done: now you can deploy models to the server, make API calls and all that.

All the best,

Rod.
  • MarcoTravellaMarcoTravella Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Hi Rod, thanks for your answer. I have something more to ask you. How can i active the dashboard, performance and drift? I tried to find "configure monitoring during the deployment" but i couldn't find it. 
    Can you please help me?

Moreover, can you also tell me more on how install on my computer a rapid miner server? I think some feature like alert and integration are not needed for my project but i'm interested on how it might work, maybe in the future i will use this functionality. 
  • IngoRMIngoRM Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    I also would like to point you to this doc here which explains you (and others who may stumble upon this in the future) which components of Deployments will be activated based on your setup:
    https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/guided/deployments/
    The doc also links you to additional information which covers some of your questions above.
    Best,
    Ingo