Where do I find resources on how to get started with Rapidminer Java API?

perezomperezom Member Posts: 5 Learner I
edited May 2020 in Help
Yeah, the title says it all.

When I google this, I keep finding QA posts here on the community about particular issues, but I can't seem to find the right resource that explains how to develop rapidminer routines by code in my java application. 

Where is it? Can anyone point me to the right direction? 

Anyway, any help on this matter is highly appreciated. 

Cheers, 

OP.

Best Answers

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    is this a commercial request? If yes, we are happy to talk you through!

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • perezomperezom Member Posts: 5 Learner I
    Hi @mschmitz

Thank you for your reply. 

It is not unfortunately. I would like to use the AGPL version, as my use case is academic, not commercial. However I wanted to interact with RapidMiner core from my Java code, but I cannot even find the Javadocs for the open source version.

As a project, I would like to ask my students to build a simple classifier by code, using Rapidminer. I've prepared something similar for them using Weka (Their documentation helped a lot here: https://waikato.github.io/weka-wiki/use_weka_in_your_java_code/) and I was expecting to have something similar for the RM core. 

I've managed to go to github and to create a maven project that imported the RM Core in the pom, great. Now I could follow the manual and try to instantiate components to create my process from code, but that is error prone and time consuming, especially without even the Javadoc for the current version #blind. 

Is there any resources on how to use the Rapidminer core by code? , or do I need a specific licence to do this? 

Thank you very much for your support! Highly appreciated.

OP
    Thanks @mschmitz !
    Hello guys,

Right..

After looking at the documentation you have sent me @mschmitz , I can confirm that this is NOT what I would like to do. 

In that documentation, I get a walkthrough on how to EXTEND the RM core, to use custom functionality inside the UI.

What I would like to do is USE the Rapidminer Core by code: be able to import my data, instantiate a learner, train a model and evaluate it by code, using EXISTING Rapidminer Core components, and by EXISTING I mean that are already implemented as part of your Rapidminer Core API. 

If such documentation doesn't exist, or if I need to purchase a license to perform such tasks, please tell me, otherwise I would HUGELY appreciate to be pointed to the right direction. 

Hope my request is clear now. 

Thanks.

OP
    Hello @mschmitz

Thank you for your answer! Highly appreciated. 

Have an excellent evening.

OP.