Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

URGENT : Please help me resolving this problem

itsmanouitsmanou Member Posts: 1 Learner I
Hello all,

I've got studio downloaded and I tried to run it but it didn't work. I don't know if this information may help you but I'm on a Mac running and I have Java Version 8 Update 251 installed. You find below the message I got on Terminal :

-----------------------------------------------------

Last login: Thu May  7 01:57:31 on ttys003

(base) MacBook-Pro-de-mac:~ mac$ /Users/mac/Downloads/rapidminer-server-installer-9.6.0/bin/rapidminer-server-installer ; exit;

mai 07, 2020 2:04:48 AM com.rapidminer.server.installer.Starter <clinit>

INFO: ----------------- Started installer -----------------

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

at com.rapidminer.license.product.DefaultProduct.createBase64Representation(DefaultProduct.java:169)

at com.rapidminer.license.internal.DefaultLicenseManager.verifyProduct(DefaultLicenseManager.java:1073)

at com.rapidminer.license.internal.DefaultLicenseManager.registerProduct(DefaultLicenseManager.java:260)

at com.rapidminer.server.installer.license.LicenseManagerInitializer.initialize(LicenseManagerInitializer.java:31)

at com.rapidminer.server.installer.Starter.main(Starter.java:75)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:602)

at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)

... 5 more

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Opération terminée]

-----------------------------------------------------

I go back to start rapidminer again and again and continue to get the same message. I'm stuck on it. Can someone please help me please? I reinstalled Java several times but the same problem is remaining.

Best,

Manal

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello Manal,

Whenever I see the following line in a log:
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
    It means you probably have Java 8 installed but it's not the one you are using. Are you launching RapidMiner Studio from the terminal or double clicking on it?

If you are launching RapidMiner Studio from the terminal, can you give us the results for the command echo $JAVA_HOME? I'm pretty sure that either it is not set (and java is pointing to your newer Java version) or it is pointing to your newer Java version.

If it's not pointing to anything, then you should check for the output of which java and give that information back to us to check what is going on, is it ok?

All the best,

Rod.

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Yep, that's Java 9+ you are using that is causing this. By the way, you are starting RapidMiner Server here, not Studio.

Regards,
    Marco