Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

starting rapidminer

josephcarmonjosephcarmon Member Posts: 6 Learner I
I am having issues starting rapidminer server

service jboss.naming.context.java.module.rapidminer-server-ear.rapidminer-server-ejb.env (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.subunit."rapidminer-server-9.6.0.ear"."rapidminer-server-ejb.jar".jndiDependencyService]
      service jboss.naming.context.java.module.rapidminer-server-ear.rapidminer-server-war (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.subunit."rapidminer-server-9.6.0.ear"."rapidminer-server-war.war".INSTALL]
      service jboss.persistenceunit."rapidminer-server-9.6.0.ear/rapidminer-server-ejb.jar#RapidRepositoryEntity" (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.subunit."rapidminer-server-9.6.0.ear"."rapidminer-server-ejb.jar".component.MigrationRepositoryHelperEJB.START, service jboss.naming.context.java.comp.rapidminer-server-ear.rapidminer-server-ejb.WebServiceRequestEJB.env."de.rapidanalytics.ejb.WebServiceRequestEJB".entityManager, service jboss.deployment.subunit."rapidminer-server-9.6.0.ear"."rapidminer-server-ejb.jar".component.MigrationRepositoryEJB.START, service jboss.deployment.subunit."rapidminer-server-9.6.0.ear"."rapidminer-server-ejb.jar".component.LocationCheckEJBImpl.START, JBAS014799: ... and 29 more ]
JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.persistenceunit."rapidminer-server-9.6.0.ear/rapidminer-server-ejb.jar#RapidRepositoryEntity"

The URL is not even responding. Not sure where to look from here.

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
  • aschaferdiekaschaferdiek Employee, Member Posts: 76 RM Engineering
    Hi, it seems that JBoss didn't start at all.

Could you please upload the entire server.log (e.g. to a pastebin service or here as code formatted text block) so we can have a deeper dive into this?
  • josephcarmonjosephcarmon Member Posts: 6 Learner I
    If I did this right here is my paste.

pastebin. com/ CCTud4Dg

Thanks. The problem is that RapidMiner Server cannot establish a connection to your PostgreSQL and thus startup fails.
    Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "rm_user"

Are you sure that the database is up, reachable and that credentials are correct?

It is running on the same box, so the connection should not be an issue, and I can log into it from the psql command. However, the role rm_user that I have created is unable to log in using psql....I'm not as familiar with postgres so I may have missed something in the setup.

edited May 2020
    Ok, when it's on the same machine it should be reachable, yes. Either the user is unknown, credentials are invalid or the user doesn't have access rights for the database schema you created in your PostgreSQL instance.
    Please look at our PostgreSQL database guide on how to setup a user with a separate schema/database here:
    If you've done so, try to spin up RapidMiner Server. If it still fails, there might be a typo in some configuration file. Maybe you could then try to reinstall RapidMiner Server. The installer offers a way to test your connection during installation before actually continuing the installation process.
    Alternatively you could spin up a docker PostgreSQL container if you have experience with docker. A starting point might be the following.
    </code><code>(sudo) docker run -d --name rm_db \<br>-e POSTGRES_DB=rapidminer_server \<br>-e POSTGRES_USER=rm_user<br>-e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=rm_password \<br>-p 5432:5432 \<br>postgres:11.4

postgres is running, I have set it up using the documentation, I have turned the FW off just to be sure. is SELinux an issue? I'm just not sure why connecting is a problem.....
    SELinux shouldn't be a problem. Did you try to reinstall? Can you connect now with the user to the database?
    I think I am getting closer, seems postgres was not listening, Got that solved, Now it is making it all of the way through the startup.

If I am reading this correctly rapidminer.home needs to be set and is not.

pastebin .com/ vDWkE w9Y

edited May 2020
    Thanks for providing the log. If I read this correctly, your boot time exceeds 5 minutes, is that right? JBoss has a hardcoded 300 seconds limit and it will fail afterwards. If boot takes longer then 5 minutes it's very likely that your machine doesn't meet minimum system requirements or is somehow slowed down by other processes.
    You could still try to increase a property as mentioned here https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1190323. <b>jboss.as.management.blocking.timeout</b>

At this point in the boot process it is getting to "Scheduler started sucessfully" and seems to freeze. I am running a dual core with 8gb of RAM so I should be within requirements.
    Did it start because you adjusted the property mentioned above or did it just start without any change?
    Could you provide the log again (preferably only from the latest start) so we can check what might be the problem?