How to add additional months to my time series and predict them with exponential smoothing ?

peterdwpeterdw Member Posts: 5 Newbie
edited June 2020 in Help
I have this univariate time series for one product.  So for each month I have a single sales value. I added an exponential smoothing operator to it and now I want to predict the next month based on the smoothing curve.
How can I add additional periods to my time series so I can see the prediction in my visualization ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @peterdw,

Just add the 'Apply Forecast' operator to 'exponential smoothing' operator to get the prediction for next 'n' months.

Also here's a quick webinar about Univariate Time Series https://rapidminer.com/resource/time-series-foundations/

Cheers,
    Pavithra
  • peterdwpeterdw Member Posts: 5 Newbie
    Hi Pavithra,

I am very new to RM so thank you for your suggestion. 
    I tried to add the 'Apply Forecast' operator after the 'Exponential Smoothing' operator but the 'Apply Forecast' expects a forecastModel instead of an ExampleSet.  Can you put me on the right path ?