Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"W-GeneralizedSequentialPatterns Error"

cpc2cpc2 Member Posts: 18 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi, I want to find Sequential Patterns in my Data using the W-GeneralizedSequentialPatterns. I am getting the following error :

[Fatal] Process failed: W-GeneralizedSequentialPatterns caused an error: weka.core.NoSupportForMissingValuesException: weka.associations.GeneralizedSequentialPatterns: Cannot handle missing values!

But I am pretty sure that there are no missing values in the data. I am using  Customer_ID, date , Product_ID attributes which are not null and I even have a MissingValueReplenishment OP in my Process.

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="DatabaseExampleSource" class="DatabaseExampleSource">
        <parameter key="database_system" value="PostgreSQL"/>
        <parameter key="database_url" value="xxx"/>
        <parameter key="username" value="xxx"/>
        <parameter key="password" value="xxx"/>
        <parameter key="query" value="select subject_id,date_entered,dim_product_id&#10;from basket&#10;where subject_id is not null and&#10;date_entered is not null and&#10;dim_product_id is not null &#10;order by 1&#10;&#10;"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="Numerical2FormattedNominal" class="Numerical2FormattedNominal">
        <parameter key="use_grouping" value="true"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="MissingValueReplenishment" class="MissingValueReplenishment">
        <list key="columns">
        </list>
    </operator>
    <operator name="W-GeneralizedSequentialPatterns" class="W-GeneralizedSequentialPatterns">
    </operator>
</operator>

Can anyone find the error or is using another OP for SequentialPatterns ?

Thanks in advance, Birger
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I have no experience with this operator, but before our forum crashed there already was a solution using weka directly, I think. For those who prefer to stick with RapidMiner (and a gui), there's a commercial extension available providing a Generalized Sequential Patterns operator.

Greetings,
      Sebastian