Prediction model for nba data

kok13kok13 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Hello all,
I'm trying do make a prediction model for my Mba final paper.
I would like to know how can i build a model that can give me a result on the next game.
I have the full games of the team for the season 2019-2020.
I have the full games of each player of the team for the season 2019-2020 .
So i would like to know if it is possible to connect the 2 tables so that they may communicate each other.

I have my data attached.

Looking forward to give me an answer.

Thank you very much

Answers

• btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
    As long as you have a common key between the two files, you can use the join operator for this task.
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You just need to create an index file with the team for every player and then you will be able to use the Join operator.  Presumably you want to make the prediction at the level of the team.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • kok13kok13 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    As you seen from the files that i have uploaded i have created for each team 2 excel files.The one is with the every game stats this season and one with every game(for the players stats in every game ths=is season).I have puted the same id on these excel files so for each team i can use the join operator.So the stats from the excel with tha players in every game is the total of the stats of the team in every game in the other excel file.Is this way correct?
    Which operators are best to use so i can train these data sets so i can train a model to get these data so it can give me a result.
    Preferably i would like ti give me a prediction on who will win and the score of the game.