Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Loading models in Java using RapidMiner 9.7

philipp_ginselphilipp_ginsel Member Posts: 2 Learner II
Hello,

we are using RapidMiner in our Java-project (https://github.com/igorvatolkin/AMUSE). We are currently using version 5.3 and are trying to update to the latest version (9.7).
At one point in the project we load a previously trained ".mod"-model-file in order to classify new data with it. In order to do that we use the class "com.rapidminer.operator.io.ModelLoader". When I downloaded the new Rapidminer version I noticed that this class no longer exists. Is there a way to do the same thing using another class with Rapidminer 9.7? Unfortunately I was no able to find anything about this problem and I am hoping that you can help me.

Our code looks like this (I excluded the parts that don't have anything to do with the problem and are specific to our project):

import com.rapidminer.Process;
import com.rapidminer.example.ExampleSet;
import com.rapidminer.operator.IOContainer;
import com.rapidminer.operator.ModelApplier;
import com.rapidminer.operator.Operator;
import com.rapidminer.operator.io.ModelLoader;
import com.rapidminer.operator.ports.InputPort;
import com.rapidminer.operator.ports.OutputPort;
import com.rapidminer.tools.OperatorService;

Process process = new Process();

// (1) Create ExampleSet

.    //code that creates the ExampleSet exampleSet that should be classified

// (2) Load the model
Operator modelLoader = OperatorService.createOperator(ModelLoader.class);
modelLoader.setParameter(ModelLoader.PARAMETER_MODEL_FILE, pathToModelFile);
process.getRootOperator().getSubprocess(0).addOperator(modelLoader);

// (3) Apply the model
Operator modelApplier = OperatorService.createOperator(ModelApplier.class);
process.getRootOperator().getSubprocess(0).addOperator(modelApplier);

// (4) Connect the ports
InputPort modelApplierModelInputPort = modelApplier.getInputPorts().getPortByName("model");
InputPort modelApplierUnlabelledDataInputPort = modelApplier.getInputPorts().getPortByName("unlabelled data");
OutputPort modelLoaderOutputPort = modelLoader.getOutputPorts().getPortByName("output");
OutputPort processOutputPort = process.getRootOperator().getSubprocess(0).getInnerSources().getPortByIndex(0);

modelLoaderOutputPort.connectTo(modelApplierModelInputPort);
processOutputPort.connectTo(modelApplierUnlabelledDataInputPort);

// (5) Run the process
process.run(new IOContainer(exampleSet));

Thank you very much for your help.
Philipp

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• philipp_ginselphilipp_ginsel Member Posts: 2 Learner II
    Thank you very much for your answer. That seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I'm sorry that it took so long for me to answer. I wanted to test the solution before answering. But unfortunately I'm still having some other problems (that have nothing to do with this particular question), which is why I couldn't really test it yet.
  • jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering
    Hi Philipp,
    glad to hear that this already helped. Good luck with the rest of the project!

Cheers
    Jan
  • mertcatarmertcatar Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
    Hello, I am taking this same error, how can i get rid of this? @jczogalla