Options

missing data in timeseries

anildasanildas Member Posts: 9 Learner I
Hi,
I have a  dataset with daily data . but there are few missing days.. how to add those missing samples with previous day values in the final example set for a timeseries forecast model.
is there any direct process/approach available in Rapidminder for such cases?. I have seen few similar queries but its confusing to me, kindly advise.

regards
Anil

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    You are correct that "Replace Missing Values" is not appropriate for time series. Instead use "Replace Missing Values (series)", in which you'll have to define which of your attributes is an index (time) and which of the attributes need to be interpolated (using the previous and the following data point in time). You will also have an option to decide how the replacement happens. Jacob
  • Options
    Thanks Jacob, I have tried with REplace Missing Values(series), but I am not getting the required result,
    attached a sample process for your understanding .. since i am very new to RM. I dont have much familiarity with different process available in RM for different purpose,
    01-jan20 
    03-jan20

required result set
    01-jan-20
    02-jan20
    03-jan-20

Thanks
    Anil

• Options
    Thanks Jacob for providing me the hint/ option.
    Instead of "Equalize Numerical Indices ", I have used "Equalize Time Stamps" operator, that exactly produce the required result.